Dementia Home Care
At Cavendish Homecare we can help support you and your loved ones with our expertise in delivering dementia home care. We know that being diagnosed with dementia can have a huge emotional, social, and psychological effect on both the person suffering and their family. Therefore we ensure specialist care in the comfort of one’s own home.
Our Dementia Care includes:
- Specialist care for dementia stages
- Advice on how family can support
- Medication management
- Dementia friendly activities
- Help communicating
- And lots more – just ask!
Require dementia care at home?
…Get in touch
Connect With An Expert At Any Time 24/7
Fill in the form below or give us a call!
Thank you, your staff were amazing especially Cora who I met. They made it all a lot easier at a difficult time, and it was nice for me to know dad was being well looked after while I live so far away. Cora was amazing with Aileen, diplomatically handling her at difficult times. Thank you for all your work behind the scenes to make it all work and for dad to get home, we really appreciated it.
Dementia Home Care – Communication Advice
People who suffer from dementia can feel lonely or isolated at times, which can be a deliberating strain on their quality of life. One way you can help reduce these feelings is to simply take the time to talk with the person who has dementia. This helps by building their confidence and reducing isolation.
Below we have outlined several tips for chatting to person with dementia:
- Make time so you aren’t rushed
- Speak clearly and sit close enough for them to hear you
- Make sure their needs are met – e.g. the toilet, or are they hungry?
- Be conversational, don’t ask too many questions
- Be patient and don’t talk to them like they are a child
- Give them simple choices so they are not overwhelmed
Why choose dementia home care from us
As one of the leading providers of dementia home care in the UK, we pride ourselves on offering superior levels of support as and when it’s needed. Our combined years of experience within the NHS and private healthcare sector means we know how to work closely with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the focus remains on ensuring the patient can still enjoy. We offer:
- Superior, bespoke Dementia Care packages
- Clinical expertise, with highly trained, skilled Registered Nurses and Carers
- The ability to work in conjunction with other medical professionals
- Live-in care for the person suffering from dementia
- Knowledge of memory training activities to reduce symptoms
Pricing of our dementia home care?
All pricing is customised for the personalised services you require to suit your specific needs. If you would like more information about our Dementia Care service and potential costs, please contact one of our experts who will be happy to help.