How to start the conversation:
- For this year’s Parkinson’s Awareness Week, the charity Parkinson’s Care is hosting a number of events including walking, skydiving, swimming, cycling and mindfulness yoga. These events provide a great opportunity to stay active and keep the conversation going. To find out about events that are happening in your area, visit here.
- Submit a “My PD Story” or encourage someone you know to tell his/her story. Whilst there are many resources online that provide people with vital information, sometimes the most life-changing advice comes from those who share their stories.
- Start the conversation among your own group by hosting your own fundraiser. Whether it is a brunch or a hike, all proceeds help make life better for people with PD. For more guidance on creating your own fundraiser, visit here.
- Post to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #StartAConversation. Help to raise awareness about PD by posting photos, videos, facts, stories and resources using Parkinsons.org campaign hashtag #StartACoversation.
- Starting a support group for PD can provide an opportunity to share tips on coping with the day-to-day realities of having Parkinson’s disease. The opportunity to swap stories and share resources can be therapeutic. For tips to starting your own support group, visit here.
How can we help?
A Parkinson’s Disease diagnosis can be difficult for both the patient and their family. At Cavendish Homecare, we are experts in providing home care for anyone who wishes to remain in their own homes while they receive treatment, recover from surgery, or manage medications. We work to support the patient and their family with private care to reduce pain, improve comfort and quality of life.